We all like to add a famous photography quotes below our photos.
To make them stronger.
To draw a shape of our idea in spectators mind
To make image more important.
Below is the selection of 15 great photography quotes that attracted my attention when searching for that right one, relevant to the subject…
- “When you photograph people in colour you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in B&W, you photograph their souls!”
- “There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography
are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”
~ Ernst Haas
- When I say I want to photograph someone, what it really means is that I’d like to know them. Anyone I know I photograph.”
~ Annie Leibovitz
- “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.”
- It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter.
~ Alfred Eisenstaedt
- Light glorifies everything. It transforms and ennobles the most commonplace and ordinary subjects. The object is nothing, light is everything.
~ Leonard Missone
- Look and think before opening the shutter. The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera.
~ Yousuf Karsh
- Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper? the photographer begins with the finished product.
~ Edward Steichen
- Everywhere I look and most of the time I look, I see photographs.
~ Bert Hardy
- “Photography lets me use the other side of my brain. I can look around anywhere and know immediately what attracts my eye. Photography provides balance in my life.”
~ Jim Schupp
- I’m always mentally photographing everything as practice.”
~ Minor White
- There is a lot of back end work in photography that clients never see. There have been wonderful photographers who go out of business because they focus on the art and forget about the business.”
~ Stephen Morris
- Look, I’m not an intellectual – I just take pictures.”
~ Helmut Newton
- In my view you cannot claim to have seen something until you have photographed it.”
~ Emile Zola
- “Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships!”
~ Ansel Adams
What about you, did you come across any good photography quotes ?
Thanks for looking.